What are cookies?
Cookies and other similar technologies, such as local shared objects, flash cookies and pixels, are tools used by web servers to store and retrieve information on website visitors, as well as to aid the correct functioning of the website.
The use of such devices allows the website server to recall certain information concerning the user, such as their preferences for viewing that server’s website, the products that most interest them, etc.
Cookies affected by the regulations and exempt cookies
Under the EU directive, the cookies that require the informed consent of the user are analytical cookies and advertising and affiliation cookies; those of a technical nature and those necessary for the provision of a service expressly requested by the user are exempt.
What types of cookies are there?
Cookies can be divided into five main groups:
• Analytical cookies that compile information on website use.
• Social cookies that are necessary for external social networks.
• Affiliate cookies that allow monitoring of visits from other websites, with which the website establishes an affiliation contract (affiliated companies).
• Advertising and behavioural cookies that compile information on the user’s personal preferences and choices (retargeting).
• Technical and functional cookies which are those strictly necessary for the use of the website and for the provision of the contracted service.
Cookies used by our website:
|__utma, __utmb, __utmc, __utmz, __utmv||Google Analytics. Statistics service. Collects anonymous information on users’ website browsing to learn the origin of the visits and other statistics.|
|__unam||Social cookie used when sharing information from the website on social networks.|
|SESS||Technical cookie used to store the user’s session.|
|Otras||Technical cookies useful for offering the user an improved browsing experience.|